Group Admins

• Profile picture of Jones Franzel

Audio Exchange Project

Public Group active 1 year, 8 months ago ago

Take one part audio works in progress. Mix with feedback and support. Upload to PRX. The Audio Exchange Project is your recipe for creating delicious radio for broadcast, one blog post at a time.

Comic dork speaking out and wants advice (11 posts)

• Profile picture of thaoto329 thaoto329 said 6 years, 3 months ago:

This is my piece about gay comics called “Comics all Around”. I’m wondering if I should get rid of some parts because some of it is confusing and it is a really long piece. I’m thinking about cutting the interview with my friend or the gay Japanese comics part. Please tell me if there is anything wrong with the sound, speed, or the overall story telling of this piece.

Edit: Sorry, the main theme should be about my love for comics and my favorite genre, gay comics. So you could say gay comics is a big theme in here.

• Profile picture of Noah Miller Noah Miller said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Yay Thao! Thank you so much for posting!! I love this piece and am excited to hear what people have to say.

• Profile picture of Noah Miller Noah Miller said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Such great comments. Hey Thao, do you want your piece to be about gay Japanese comics? I thought it was more general… I think the part Chris is talking about where he says it sounds “quickened” is the first Terry Moore clip.

• Profile picture of sarah levine sarah levine said 6 years, 3 months ago:

This post is from Natalie, a member of Curie Youth Radio:

“I think the piece would be much better if the producer made things easier to hear. A lot of things were really hard to understand. The topic was catchy. It made me stop and ask myself if I wanted to hear more about it.Cut the whole part about how you lost your very first comic. And watch out for cliches. But overall it was a very interesting piece that I believe could possibly make it. If you continue to work on it.”

• Profile picture of thaoto329 thaoto329 said 6 years, 3 months ago:

So why should the beginning part be cut out? Is it because it doesn’t add to the overall piece? I added it because it’s kind of like a story, the beginnings of a comic dork and then growing into a complete comic book geek.

I’ll fix the speed definitely to make them sound more natural. I wanted the oh my gosh part to show that I really admired the people that I was interviewing and again, to show what a dork I am. Also, what does Natilie mean by cliches? Is there a radio cliche that I am not aware of in there?

• Profile picture of Abdel Mutan Abdel Mutan said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Hello your piece has an interesting topic and it is somewhat interesting but i cant really understand a lot of the things that you said or sounds in the piece. When you say omigod ….and keep repeating is okay but after a while we get the point with the omigod….you might want to emphasize something else that is more important and has more meaning. You also need to check your fades and make it a bit shorter…. because i think we tend to repeat ourselves just like I am doing now…hehe but yea overall i liked it and found it intrguing because i like the topic and what you talk about gay magazines and how people portray them.

• Profile picture of sarah levine sarah levine said 6 years, 3 months ago:

For the record, I really liked the “Oh my gosh”-es.

• Profile picture of thaoto329 thaoto329 said 6 years, 2 months ago:

So do you think I should completely remove the omigods? Keep keep the first big omigod? Would the piece sound better overall without the omigods? After your suggestion, I’m thinking of cutting a part with a lot of omigods, but still keeping one of them.

Also, what was hard to understand? Is is because the volumes? The explantaions?

• Profile picture of Peter Felde Peter Felde said 6 years ago:

I have no problem with gay comics. If people want to have a theme around homosexuality, t he can. This is interesting though because I don’t read comic books and it is just something that I am not familiar with. Great piece though. And I like the use of bring up a controversial topic.
    Peter Felde

• Profile picture of Jonny Jonny said 6 years ago:

Sick man I like the idea I’d agree wit it

Jonny Gregory
    Kura Radio

• Profile picture of Aaron Aaron said 6 years ago:

I think it’s great that you are speaking out about a genre of comic that is not well known. Keep up the good work.

- Aaron Daughtry, KURA