June 4, 2013 in GPRX Blog by Jones Franzel
It's here! Signal, the Generation PRX newsletter, is now in a format that's just right for reading on the go. Signal is your source for all the latest in the world of youth-produced radio: from opportunities, to tools and tips, to stories we love.
This month: Stories of student debt from Columbia College Chicago, tips on getting studio quality sound without the studio, and playlists to enjoy (and add to!).
Not subscribed? Sign up here to make sure you don't miss the next issue.
January 15, 2013 in GPRX Blog by Jones Franzel
From heartbreak, to ice cream to immigration, over 450 new youth-produced stories were added to the PRX catalog in 2012
. This year also brought some of the best
youth radio stories we've heard, which made creating our Best Youth-Made Radio Stories of 2012 Playlist
more difficult (and fun) than ever.
Photo: Trenton Good, City High Radio
Hear this remarkable collection of honest, well-produced, and original stories. Big ups to the youth radio groups on the playlist!:
- Louder Than A Bomb 2012, Chicago, IL
- RadioActive, Seattle, WA
- Philly Youth Radio, PA
- Deep in the Heart, a Project of Texas Folklife Center, Austin, TX
- City High Radio, Tucson, AZ
- Alaska Teen Media Institute, Anchorage, AK
- Zumix Radio, Boston, MA
- Youth Media Project, Santa Fe, NM
- Outloud Radio, San Francisco, CA
- Youth Radio, Oakland, CA
- Blunt Youth Radio Project, Portland, ME
- Radio Rookies, New York, NY
- Open Orchard Productions, Los Angeles, CA
- Terrascope Youth Radio, Cambridge, MA
- Youth Spin, Austin, TX
- Free Spirit Youth Media, Chicago, IL