Radio education bonanza! Here are five excellent tools for building your audio chops:
1. Online tutorials from American Student Radio. ASR has been doing lots of exciting work since its launch just last year. Among their many accomplishments: a fleet of online video tutorials and .pdfs covering everything from using Audition software, to recording with your iPhone to making your first vox pop
2. Transom Online Workshops. Transom, that great source for online tools and in-person workshops, is piloting an exciting MOOC-Style Online Workshop. Currently testing, you can follow the progress of the current workshop, volunteer to beta test, or sit on your hands excitedly until the official launch.
3. And speaking of Transom, radio teacher guru Rob Rosenthal talks you through recording via iPhone using the free TASCAM PCM app. Producers with smart phones who claim radio inertia due to lack of equipment? The gig is up!
4. Those of you near the Bay Area can check out veteran teacher Claire Schoen's excellent Soup-to-Nuts seminar. The $250, 2-day intensive on documentary radio production takes places on October 27th & 28th. Learn more at www.claireschoenmedia.com
5. Look no further! One of the best ways to improve your radio skills is to LISTEN. The Youth Editorial Board makes sure the GPRX blog is constantly updated with the latest greatest work in the youth radio world.